Summer holiday – mountain vs beach?
You may not have considered a family summer holiday in the mountains before.
But there are plenty of reasons why you should forego the busy, expensive beach resorts and take your children to discover the Alps in summer instead:
1) the scenery is breathtaking – think glossy green meadows, mountain flowers, sparkling crystal-clear lakes and snow-peaked mountains.
2) the air is clean, unpolluted and bracing.
3) there are considerably fewer crowds.
4) young children can play safely outdoors, discovering the simple pleasures of the mountains in summer.
5) older children can find plenty of challenging activities from hiking and biking to white-water rafting or paragliding.
6) die-hard skiers/boarders can get their kicks on the summer glaciers too! See our feature on glacier skiing here.
7) there are some wonderful, unique mountain experiences to be enjoyed: